our thoughts and feelings work together to trigger and reify competition within ourselves. competition is just our overstimulated need for self preservation- it is our ego, our trauma and our internalization of the system.
how can i break down my conditioning towards competition?
- note to self: this is comparing/ competitive mind as often as i observe it.
- repeat to self what i already understand but do not consistently act with: everyone deserves self preservation and happiness.
- contextualize my reactions: what triggered my reaction of competition? where did i feel it? what trauma/pain/conditioning is attached to it?
- practice loving-kindness meditation to affirm one’s self and community.
- weaken perception of scarcity by strengthening generosity: more sharing, more listening, more presence.
- participate in the revolutionary struggle to overthrow capitalism! ;)